Personal supports services provide assistance and training to the recipient in activities of daily living, such as in the areas of eating, bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, and preparation of meals. When specified in the support plan, this service can also include housekeeping chores, such as bed making, dusting, and vacuuming, and assistance to do laundry, shopping, and cooking, which are incidental to the care furnished, or which are essential to the health and welfare of the recipient rather than the recipient’s family. This service can also provide respite services to a recipient age 21 and older living in their family home.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience working in a medical, psychiatric, nursing or childcare setting or working with recipients who have a developmental disability. College, vocational or technical training equal to 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours or 720 classroom hours may substitute for the required experience. License, certification, or registration is not required.
All Applicants are required to clear all background screening according to Florida Agency for Health Care Administrations iBudget Coverage and Limitations Waiver Handbook:
- Local Criminal Records Check – in the jurisdiction of the person being screened resides. (Local Sheriff’s Office or Clerk of Courts)
- APD Affidavit of Good Moral Character – must complete and have notarized before providing services. Please Note: Affidavit from other Agencies will not be accepted.
- Must cleared – Level 2 Background Screening (FBI and FDLE) by the Agency for Health Care Administration & Department of Children and Families
- Employment History Checks – Covering 2 year period preceding position you are applying for. All periods of unemployment should be explained. Verification is required.
- Three (3) Personal Character References (Agency provides verification Forms)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://generations.idb-sys.com/OnlineApplication.aspx?aid=hhcm1576 →